WCCS21 recordings available now!

Hi WeVideo Creators! I’m curious, what was your top takeaway from WCCS21? :smiley: :bulb:

If you haven’t seen the sessions yet all of the recordings are available on the landing page now. Take a look!

5 Likes

My biggest regret is that I wasn’t able to participate in the event while it was live. There was just too much going on around me in the real world during those 3 days. One session I did get to attend was Stevie Frank’s session on podcasts and I cannot wait to get started with them next school year. Unbeknownst to me, one of my colleagues attended the conference too and I’m pretty sure I can talk her into letting me co-teach podcasting with her.

2 Likes

My biggest take away were the many different ways to give students voice and choice on the way to agency. It is increasingly important to build collective and self-efficacy to ensure education can thrive in any scenario.

1 Like

I was unable to ‘attend’ live but I have looked over some of the recordings and the Let it Be…Just BREATHE! sessions with Erika Sandstrom is brilliant. I am a big proponent of mindfulness and always look for ways to incorporate mindfulness into my classroom. Having the students created videos tailored to what helps them is a great idea.

1 Like

The sessions, It is News to Me and Lights, Camera Action gave me lots of new ideas on how to create video shows and give my students a place to express themselves. Both sessions covered the basics of how to get organized as well as lots of new ideas for different types of videos for the kids to create.

2 Likes

My biggest take away were the many different ways to give students voice

1 Like

My top takeaway from WCCS21 was the following three:

1. use and integration of green screen

2. stop motion animated GIFs, and

3. podcasts

Great resources and ideas to implement in the classroom right away!

2 Likes

My take away was WeVideo definitely had a spot in my world. The ability it provides us to create is wonderful! Being able to put together awesome videos that will help so many others it crazy! I mean - I’m no videographer … I’m a teacher & I can do it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My biggest take away were the many different ways to give students voice and choice on the way to agency. My take away was WeVideo definitely had a spot in my world. The ability it provides us to create is wonderful! Being able to put together awesome videos that will help so many others it crazy!

1 Like

There were a lot of great ideas and interesting presentations in short it was Amazing summit :grinning:

1 Like

التطوير السريع في العالم الرقمي

1 Like

I am impressed with the sense of community during all of the sessions. It is an honor to share my ideas and reactions with such an august group of committed colleagues. This learning experience was indeed generous and professional. All of us participants both attending and presenting embodied a shared commitment to excellence.

3 Likes

I really liked Andre Soto’s session on A Practical Guide for Video Production. Sometimes I have felt like I needed to create a big production to keep the student’s attention, but that’s not always the case. It’s okay to start small and keep it simple. It doesn’t have to an Oscar-worthy performance.

2 Likes

I was amazed by how many educators use WeVideo and in so many different ways. This community is great, and I learned so much about creative ways to use WeVideo, in particular creating GIFs. Loved it all. Thank you for a great event and for allowing me to be a part of it.

2 Likes

The greatest sessions for me were:

• Podcasting and Videocasting with WeVideo to Create Authentic Content for an Authentic Audience
  • Four Steps for Humanizing Personalized Learning
  • Amplifying Thinking Routines Using Digital Tools
    Thanks so much for this opportunity!
2 Likes

I enjoyed seeing so many different uses for WeVideo. I loved learning about how teachers are using WeVideo to podcast with students. What a great way to amplify student voice. I was so impressed with student examples, too. I definitely want to incorporate a podcast project this fall.

3 Likes

My biggest takeaway was the multitude of ways you can use WeVideo as a tool in your classroom and as a teacher for communication. Also, the depth of the images and tools provided within the program is phenomenal. I just love WeVideo.

1 Like

My biggest takeaways were all the variety of ways I can use WeVideo in the classroom. It was nice to see sessions on diversity as well as greenscreen, and other fun things to do with WeVideo. Thank you so much!

1 Like

The way I can use Wevideo to allow students to express themselves

1 Like

Love how SEL is included so deeply within the WeVideo Creator Community!

1 Like